The Cambridge syllabuses prepare our students for university study, which is why universities worldwide value and recognise Cambridge International AS and A Level qualifications.
- In-depth subject content
- Independent thinking
- Applying knowledge and understanding to new as well as familiar situations
- Handling and evaluating different types of information source
- Thinking logically and presenting ordered and coherent arguments
- Making judgements, recommendations and decisions
- Presenting reasoned explanations, understanding implications and communicating them logically and clearly
- Working and communicating in English.
We offer a choice of 55 subjects and schools can offer them in almost any combination. This flexibility means schools can build an individualised curriculum, and learners can choose to specialise in a particular subject area or study a range of subjects.
Cambridge International A Level is typically a two-year course, and Cambridge International AS Level is typically one year. Some subjects can be started as a Cambridge International AS Level and extended to a Cambridge International A Level. Find out more about the different assessment options.
Council of British International School (COBIS)
In recent years, Rainbow has taken part in the following COBIS activities with great success:
- The COBIS Games 2014, a four day sports event held in Istanbul, Turkey for secondary school students. The event involved track and field events, swimming and football tournament and the students returned with 5 gold and 4 bronze medals.
- The COBIS Young Scientists Film Competition 2013 & 2014. In both competitions, Rainbow was shortlisted and this year an entry was runner up in the category ‘Most Creative KS1/2 film’.
- In addition to a range of competitions, COBIS provides professional development for staff and accreditation through the International Schools Inspectorate or CfBT.